Again, a moderate haul for the month; there was an abandonment in the mix as well. For much of February it seemed to me as if I were having somewhat mediocre luck with my selections but, looking back, that was a false impression: there were quite a few goodies and no real stinkers—nothing poor at all, in fact.
Without any real intention on my part, a color theme emerged during the month.
If it’s remotely of interest, the Rees, the Lethem, the Buchholz, the Hughes, the Piper and the McAlpine were the ones I enjoyed the most.
- Mozart’s Last Aria by Matt Rees
- The Feral Detective by Jonathan Lethem
- The Purity of Vengeance by Jussi Adler-Olsen
- Anatomy of a Scandal by Sarah Vaughan
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
- Tequila Blue by Rolo Díez
- Blue Night by Simone Buchholz
- The So Blue Marble by Dorothy B. Hughes
- The Blinds by Adam Sternbergh
- Bunny Lake is Missing by Evelyn Piper
- Woman with a Blue Pencil by Gordon McAlpine
As usual, the links lead to the Goodreads postings of my notes, all of which were crossposted here.