I decided to devote this month to reading fiction in translation, and for the most part had a moderately good time, the standout being Sascha Arango’s The Truth and Other Lies (thanks to Mrs Peabody for my copy of this splendidly twisty novel), though Claudia Piñeiro’s All Yours ran it a damn’ close second. I’d expected to make inroads into my hefty backlog of Scandinoir, including several Jo Nesbo titles, but in fact I barely touched them.
The links are as usual to my Goodreads notes.
- Confessions by Kanae Minato
- The Truth and Other Lies by Sascha Arango
- All Yours by Claudia Piñeiro
- Moon in a Dead Eye by Pascal Garnier
- Killer’s Art by Mari Jungstedt
- The Day of the Owl by Leonardo Sciascia
- The Days of Abandonment by Elena Ferrante
- The Corsican Brothers by Alexandre Dumas
- The 7th Woman by Frédérique Molay (accidental reread)
- Crossing the Line by Frédérique Molay
- River of Shadows by Valerio Varesi