- The Devil and the Detective, by John Goldbach
- The Shell Collector, by Christopher Golden
- A Thousand Cuts, by Simon Lelic
- A Man Lay Dead, by Ngaio Marsh
- Innocence; or, Murder on Steep Street, by Heda Margolius Kovaly
- The Chinese Orange Mystery, by Ellery Queen
- Death of a Ghost, by Margery Allingham
- The Devil’s Feather, by Minette Walters
- The Blackbirder, by Dorothy B. Hughes
- Perversity, by Francis Carco
- A Curious Tale of the In-Between, by Lauren DeStefano
- Junkie, by Jonathan Craig
- The Room with the Tassels, by Carolyn Wells
- Sin in Their Blood, by Ed Lacy
Fourteen books, split neatly 50/50 between male and female authors. Six of the books are comparatively recent (one hasn’t yet quite appeared), the other eight being of a vintage. Only one translation, although the month’s sole abandonment was also a translation (and by a female author). I enjoyed most of these, and some of them quite a lot.
The links are to my notes on GoodReads.